1. Open VLC, go to Media->Open Network Stream
2. Paste the stream link into the URL box
3. Tick the “more options” box and paste the following code in the “Edit Options” field:
http-user-agent=PS4 libhttp/1.76 (PlayStation 4)
Mac OS X
1. Open Terminal (Located in Utilities folder within the Applications folder)
2. Paste the following into the terminal window:
/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/VLC -vvv STREAM_LINK :http-user-agent=”PS4 libhttp/1.76 (PlayStation 4)”
3. Replace STREAM_LINK with the stream link for the game you wish to watch (ex. http://nlds138.cdnak.neulion.com/nlds/nhl/ducks/as/live/ducks_hd_400.m3u8)
4. Press enter
Alternatively, many users report success simply copy/pasting the links directly into QuickTime. No additional formatting required.
1. To use the above fix, VLC 2.1.0+ is required. I would not recommend this unless you feel comfortable building potentially unstable software.
(wget -c download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/2.1.0/vlc-2.1.0.tar.xz)
2. Once installed, follow the same steps listed above for Windows.